We have an angle grinder in the workshop. This is used for making cuts in metals. This is to be only used within the weldy / grindy area, NOT the main metal work area, we have to avoid any particles entering into the lathe or milling machines.
There is a packet of spare discs in the box with the grinder, as well as the spanner for changing them. Remember that the discs wear with use - if you're doing a lot of cutting (or cutting through something very tough) and thus using a lot of discs, it would be polite to replace what you use
- Find a way to fasten the part down, ether by clamps or vice
- DO NOT use the grinder in the main metal work area, only the weldy grindy area next door.
- Make sure to use the right type of disc for the job (don't grind with a cutting disc)
- Wear lots of ppe, Gloves, Impact Googles, hearing protection, mask if grinding anything that would generate dust
- No lone working
- Don't overload / burn out the grinder by pushing it too hard (this happened with a dewalt one we had)