The woodwork area, affectionately known as WoodyDusty, is one of the larger enclosed workshops within the Hackspace with a range of tools & equipment available to members.
|Member responsible for the area.
|List of members of the Woodworking Team.
|All discussions related to with our woodworking area.
|For anything related to woodworking, or matters relating to our woodworking area.
The woodworking area co-ordinator is the person with these responsibilities:
- Helping members get involved in their area (making, maintenance, training, upgrading, etc.)
- Being the member s point of contact for an area
- Coordinating decisions within that area
- Communicating activities of the area to directors and membership
- Helping organise area meetings and activities when needed
The Woodworking Team
The woodworking area is managed by the Wood Team. Their responsibilities are:
- Attending team meetings
- Assisting the Board & Sub-committees when required
- General upkeep & maintenance of equipment
- Managing stock of consumables and procuring more when necessary
- Managing training resources & member inductions
The woodwork team have a dedicated Telegram group chat that is intended as a more focused place for running the workshop. This chat is managed by the board, if you would like to help out and join the Woodwork team simply contact the co-ordinator and they will be in touch.
Members are free to use the general hand tools in the space from the get-go, however for the larger equipment we ask that you complete an induction first.
Safety is one of our top priorities at the Hackspace. We provide PPE in the workshop for members to use when required. If you find any PPE is missing or damaged please contact the board asap either via Telegram or email.
Due to the nature of WoodyDusty it is common to find members using the equipment that requires PPE. As such we recommend that all members within woodwork wear the appropriate PPE whenever equipment is being used.
PPE available in WoodyDusty:
- Ear Defenders
- Disposable Dust Masks