The bin conveyor is hybrid of a lost property box, and a way to make sure donated items are actually disposed of when not being used.
- Lost Property is put in THE BOX OF SHAME
- Donated items are put in the 3 Week Box
- Every Wednesday evening, the boxes are rotated down, and the contents of the 1 week box are binned.
Some Example Stories about the Bin Conveyor
- Hacker A Leaves an iPad charger on the central table.
- Hacker B, arriving the next morning, places this in THE BOX OF SHAME.
- Hacker A retrieves iPad charger when next in space. Hacker A feels shameful about leaving things out.
Bin that Shit
- Hacker C is making a thing, decides to head home, and leaves a VERY IMPORTANT PIECE OF PLASTIC out in the kitchen, for no apparent reason.
- Long suffering Hacker B arrives, sighs loudly, and places the plastic item in THE BOX OF SHAME.
- Wednesday night appears, and Hacker C still has not reclaimed the SUPER IMPORTANT ITEM. The contents of THE BOX OF SHAME Is rotated down into the 3 Week box.
- Another Wednesday happens, the boxes are rotated again, and the MEGA AWESOME THING has made its way into the 2 Week box.
- Yet another Wednesday happens, again the boxes are rotated, and the PLASTIC LUMP OF DOOM is rotated into the 1 Week box.
- A week passes, the seasons change, everyone now has a beard for some reason. The MEGA IMPORTANT LUMP OF PLASTIC obviously wasn't that important, and is thrown away.
I'm donating this
- Hacker D has a samoflange they think people in the space will be able to use for flibbling, and therefore must be donated to the space.
- Hacker D brings the samoflange, and places it in the 3 week box.
- Turns out nobody in the space actually flibbles, so the item is binned 3 weeks later. The samoflange is no longer taking up space in the hackspace.
Last update: August 22, 2020