Let's get hot!
Update! Things got really cold really fast. We realised we would need a "Far IR" solution which is more expensive at roughly two hundred pounds.
Therefore we replaced our 1.5kw heater with a new 2.5kw one using this pledge.
Thank you those involved.
- The oil filled radiator is on its last wheels.
- Oil filled radiator isn't cutting it, can be knocked over/plugged in anywhere
- Circuit issue remains, extension reels aren't a good solution.
- Why not use infrared lamps??
- Benefits are vast:
- Safe - high up out of reach, away from flammable things, can't fall over/be kicked
- Dedicated circuit - that can't have other stuff plugged in so no melty moments
- Heats people and things, not air
- Can be mounted from ceiling or pillars for good coverage
- Timer switch for instant heat that doesn't stay on all night or risk being left on
- With them in place we can forbid plugging in of any heaters!
- 2 x £35 = £70 (without stand) https://www.primrose.co.uk/2kw-wall-mounted-quartz-bulb-electric-heater-with-power-settings-firefly-p-59902.html
- 15 x 1m suitable cable
- 1x timer switch to power the two heaters
- 2x fittings to hold lamps to pillars.
Last update: August 13, 2020