DIY Laser Cutter
This project is to build an A2 sized Laser Cutter, based on BuildLog, Lasersaur, and axcut lasers.
- Use a 40W tube, upgradable to an 60W if we have the money (so 1000mm x 55mm tube size to accommodate)
- Bed big enough for A2 Sheets (420mm x 594mm), possibly a bit bigger.
- Z axis movable up to 200mm
- Fit closely within the bounds of the existing laser cutter (1000mm x 600mm)
- lid at height of bed, to allow huge pieces to be put all the way through
- Air assist
- LAOS control
- Extraction from below the bed
- Complete floor-standing unit, containing all necessary parts to run (water reservoir etc)
- RFID control and job time logging
- Emergency stop button
- Possible CO2 Flush button
- Lockable casters so it can be moved.
- Quieter pump
- Actually wire up flow sensor to something