Hacman Group Chat
Hacman has a Telegram group which you are welcome to join!
This contains many Hackspace members, as well as interested or interesting people. It's a good place to ask questions for a quick answer, ask for advice, or share news and links of interest to fellow hackers. There are web clients for Telegram, as well as official clients for Windows, Linux, OS X, Android, iOS, and Windows Phone. You will need a phone number (not necessarily a UK one) to sign up for Telegram.
Please familiarise yourself with our Citizen Hacman Commitment before chatting.
This is a relatively high traffic channel (replacing IRC, which is no longer active). It's recommended that if using a phone app you disable notifications for the group (you will still receive notifications if someone sends you a PM, or if someone addresses or mentions you specifically).
Note the telegram links have been protected with http://protect-mylinks.com/addlinks to avoid spam bots adding themselves to the channels
Several groups that look after parts of the hackspace have specific channels on telegram so they don't clog up the main channel.
- Laser Training Group's Telegram group for members who want training on the laser
- Metalworking Telegram group
- Team Woodwork's Telegram group
- 3d Printing Telegram group
- Hacman CNC Telegram Group
- Hacman Announcements Telegram Group
TODO Expired Links
- Notifications from the Hackscreen, including who's been in Telegram group
- Team Procurement's Telegram group
- Team Documentation's Telegram group
- Team Event's Telegram group
Space Bikes Telegram Group
Hacman Games Night Telegram Group (doesn't go anywhere)
Groups exist for the following: laser maintenance, security, board, etc. These groups require training/election to join so please ask in the main channel if you are interested.